All the hosting plan at Namecheap offers you to host more than one website. So this way you don’t need host your multiple websites in one account you don’t need to purchase new hosting.
In order to add addon domain or add a new domain to your Namecheap web hosting account, you need to do 2 things –
- Change the Nameservers of domain to point to your Namecheap web hosting.
- Add your domain name to your web hosting server.
NOTE: All of Namecheap shared hosting accounts share the same nameservers.
If you are stuck in doing this thing for any reason, you can ask your query through the comment section, I will answer you ASAP.
So let’s get started with this tutorial.
Adding Add-on domain to Namecheap cPanel
Step 1:- Once you change the Nameserver of your domain name and pointed to the Namecheap hosting nameservers then you can add your add-on domain in your cPanel.
Step 2:- Log into your Namecheap hosting account and click on cPanel.
Step 3:- Once you log into your cPanel, you can see the Domains section where you need to click on Addon Domains button.
Step 4:- After click on the Addon Domains button you need to fillup the addon domain necessory details such as:
- New Domain Name: Add your domain name which you want to add.
Note: When you are adding an addon domain name, make sure that there are no extra spaces before and after it, this is the most common issue, that is not a valid domain error.
- Subdomain or FTP Username: Once you enter your addon domain name it will be filled automatically.
- Document Root: It will be filled automatically
- Password: Password for that addon domain FTP account
- Password (Again): Repeat the same password
Step 5:- Once you fill up all the information then click on Add Domain button. It will add your domain in your Namecheap web hosting.